Engineer Embedded Software 4
Northrop Grumman Information Systems sector is seeking an Embedded Software Engineer 4 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in San Diego, CA.
Avionics and Tactical Networks (ATN) is an operating unit within the Communications division of Northrop Grumman Information Systems. ATN is located in the Rancho Carmel facility in San Diego, California.
Our expertise is in delivering complex equipment to enable modern battlefields and support aviation missions. Our focus is on the world of avionics, radio and electronic warfare product applications to enable networked communications. As part of the corporation's business focus area on Communications, we are the "equipment providers."
Our team of communication systems experts is developing next-generation ground radios for land forces, and our Electronic Warfare subject matter experts are creating the next generation of Improvised Explosive Device (IED) countermeasures to keep our soldiers safe when in harm's way.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Designs, develops, operates and maintains software and firmware components and computing systems software to
be applied to and integrated with engineering, scientific and manufacturing requirements
- Applies the appropriate standards, processes, procedures and tools throughout the system development life cycle to support the generation of such engineering applications and products such as laboratory simulation systems, aircraft and ground radios, electronic warfare jammers, mechanical and electrical systems.
- Interfaces with customers, suppliers, application users and other technical and support personnel.
- Leads and mentors a small team of software engineers
Embedded Software Engineer 4 requires 9 Years of relevant experience with BS; 7 Years with Masters; 4 Years with PhD.
- Experience in real-time, embedded software development.
- Solid experience in C/C , object oriented analysis and design, Unified Modeling Language required.
- Experience in all software development life cycle phases
- At least 2 years of experience as a technical and/or functional lead of a team of 4 or more software engineers
- Experience performing the development and maintenance of associated software documentation (software requirement specifications, software design specifications, software test procedures, etc.)
- Experienced in software/hardware integration and lab/bench testing using analog / digital test equipment
- Familiar with SEI CMM/CMMI, and military or IEEE software engineering practices.
Maintains an active Secret security clearance with a reinvestigation of 4 years or less.
Familiar with tools such as I-Logix Rhapsody, GreenHills MULTI Integrated Development Environment, DOORS and ClearCase/ClearQuest
Experience with GreenHills Integrity
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top