Engineer Embedded Software 2/3
- Newark, DE
Northrop Grumman is currently seeking an Embedded Software Engineer for our Elkton, Maryland or San Jose, California locations.
Join Northrop Grumman on our continued mission to push the boundaries of possible across land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace. Enjoy a culture where your voice is valued and start contributing to our team of passionate professionals providing real-life solutions to our world's biggest challenges. We take pride in creating purposeful work and allowing our employees to grow and achieve their goals every day by Defining Possible. With our competitive pay and comprehensive benefits, we have the right opportunities to fit your life and launch your career today.
Discover careers that change the world and further advancements in defense, technology, and engineering today at Northrop Grumman. Use your experience to grow your career and support our global customers with the technology, systems, and solutions they need to enable their missions on the front lines and secure our world every day. With Northrop Grumman, you'll discover a culture built on diversity, respect, and above all teamwork. Together with our group of experts across the technical spectrum, you'll discover opportunities to make a difference in our world and start solving some of the world's most critical problems in the most innovative ways.
The Northrop Grumman Propulsion Systems and Controls (PS&C) facility in Elkton, Maryland began solid-propellant rocket operations in 1948. Today, the Elkton PS&C facility designs, develops, and produces solid-propellant propulsion and ordnance systems in programs professionally managed for a wide variety of Government and commercial customers. The facility also serves as the hub for offsite engineering and test facilities in Ronkonkoma, NY, Palm Beach Gardens, FL and San Jose, CA. The San Jose facility specializes in motion control systems and the design and development of prototype control components such as electromechanical actuators, control electronics, and embedded software and firmware.
Northrop Grumman is seeking an Embedded Software Engineer to develop software for embedded systems, real-time operating systems, and National Instruments / Labview test environments based on specifications and goal-oriented objectives. This position is responsible for the design, development, creation and modification of embedded software solutions and verification of compliance to software and system level requirements. Coordinates with members of multi-functional teams to develop innovative solutions for the implementation of embedded software within the flight and test hardware.
Basic Qualifications Software Engineer:
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering or Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering (with Embedded SW specialization), from an accredited college with a minimum of 2 years of professional experience; or Master's degree
- Strong skillsets in programming in C / C++.
- Strong experience with Matlab and Simulink modeling and programming.
- Experience with Systems Engineering principles
- Experience with the use of various FPGAs and the development of embedded SW within the corresponding IDE.
- Defines development test plans and methods to ensure a robust design is achieved and validated against customer, internal and regulatory / government requirements.
- Has strong analytical skills and the ability organize/prioritize job assignments and tasks.
- Is able to work independently as well as in a team environment. Comfortable in a fast paced, rapidly changing, short turn-around environment.
- Is able to communicate clearly and effectively to cross-functional team members. Has strong writing skills and is proficient at documenting design and analysis reports as well as test reports.
- Position may require occasional travel to meet with various customers, in both government and industry, and to interface with suppliers.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and be able to obtain a DoD Secret Clearance.
- Applies research to the planning, design, development and testing of control laws and control systems for use in space and military applications. Is able to develop design solutions to meet difficult performance requirements.
- Develops detailed specifications from high level design goals and performs analysis of the hardware, system environment and design goals to enable selection and implementation of the desired system topology.
- Presents assigned work at program technical reviews, proposals, or other technical meetings.
- Possesses strong interpersonal skills to work effectively within a development team to understand system level interdependencies and design constraints.
- Experience working in a cross functional environment (mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, software engineering, systems engineering, test engineering, production engineering, etc.) to translate customer requirements and functional block diagrams into realized control models. Review and update control system requirements to meet system level performance objectives. Conduct trade studies and identify and present alternate design options.
- Strong experience with National Instruments Labview data acquisition systems and programming.
- Experience developing real time control systems for measurement and test in the Labview environment.
- Experience with following standards: NPR7150.2, DO-178C, DO-254, CMMI.
- Knowledge of Open System Architecture (OSA) and Model Based System Engineering (MBSE)
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top