Engineer Embedded Software 2
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems sector is seeking an Embedded Software Engineer 2 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals working toward ensuring our country's security. We want self-starters who will be part of a team of software professionals developing world-class software in a structure environment to meet our customer's high expectations. You will participate in all aspects of the software development lifecycle including requirements, design, development, verification, sustainment and test support for our programs. This position will be located in San Diego, CA.
Avionics and Tactical Networks (ATN) is an operating unit within the Communications division of Northrop Grumman Mission Systems. ATN is located in the Rancho Carmel facility in San Diego, California.
Our expertise is in delivering complex equipment to enable modern battlefields and support aviation missions. Our focus is on the world of avionics, software defined radio and electronic warfare product applications to enable networked communications. As part of the corporation's business focus area on Communications, we are the "equipment providers." Our team of communication systems experts is developing the next-generation communication systems for aircraft and ground radios.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Designs, develops, operates and maintains software and firmware components and computing systems software to be applied to and integrated with engineering, scientific and manufacturing requirements
- Applies the appropriate standards, processes, procedures and tools throughout the system development life cycle to support the generation of such engineering applications and products such as laboratory simulation systems, aircraft and ground radios, electronic warfare jammers, mechanical and electrical systems.
- Interfaces with customers, suppliers, application users and other technical and support personnel.
Embedded Software Engineer 2 requires (2 years relevant experience with BS in Computer Science/ Computer Engineering / Electrical Engineering; 0 Years of relevant experience with a masters in Computer Science/ Computer Engineering) of professional Software Development. Experience in developing embedded, real-time software using C/C .
Full software development lifecycle experience including requirements, design, implementation, and verification; Knowledge of Tactical Data Links, navigation and communications systems helpful; Object-Oriented software design and development methods and tools, such as Rhapsody and UML, desired; Experience with software/hardware integration and lab/bench testing useful; Familiar with SEI CMM/CMMI, and military or IEEE software engineering practices. Strong communication skills and an understanding of hardware/software interfaces required. US citizenship and Current DoD secret clearance required.
- Familiar with tools such as Rhapsody, GreenHills MULTI Integrated Development Environment, DOORS and ClearCase/ClearQuest
- Tactical Data Links (Link 16, VMF, MADL).
- Open Mission System (OMS) Architecture
- Experience with GreenHills Integrity
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top