Engineer - Embedded Software 2 / 3
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking an experienced hands-on Embedded Software Engineer to join the Tactical MASINT (Measurement And Signature Intelligence) team located in Melbourne, Florida.
The successful candidate will work within a fast paced engineering team that follows an Agile-based process to develop hardware and software configurations to meet our customer's mission requirements.
We seek a Software Engineer familiar with the entire software development life cycle, from requirements analysis, through software design, development, and peer reviews, into formal verification tests. Our new team member will also create software build instructions and release notes, as well as maintain the software configuration management tools' traceability linkages.
A college degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) is required.
The position may be filled at the higher level based on qualifications listed below.
This position may be hired at the Level 2 or Level 3
Basic Education and Experience Qualifications for Level 2 and Level 3:
- Level 2:
- Bachelor's Degree in STEM, with two (2) or more years experience
- Master's Degree in STEM, with one (1) or more years experience
- Level 3:
- Bachelor's Degree in STEM, with five (5) or more years experience
- Master's Degree in STEM, with three (3) or more years experience
Basic Qualifications for both Level 2 and Level 3:
- US Citizenship required. An active DoD Secret clearance adjudicated within the last 5 years is required. Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret clearance.
- STEM Degree – Bachelor's level
- Experience in Object-Oriented Analysis (OOA) and Design (OOD)
- Experience in developing software in C
- Experience with Linux/Unix and Windows operating systems environments
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Preferred Qualifications for both Level 2 and Level 3:
- STEM Degree – Master's level
- Active DoD Top Secret clearance
- Familiarity with MASINT or Signal Processing technologies
- Networking hardware and/or single-board computer configurations
- Experience with Agile software development
- Experience with VCUDA or OpenCL
- Experience with real-time operating systems, e.g. VxWorks
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top