Engineer Electronics 3/4
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking candidates for a Lead Supply Chain Engineering position in the Transmit/Receive Module (TRM) & MMIC, Key Supplier and Technology (KS&T) Management organization. This position reports to the TRM & MMIC KS&T Manager in the Global Supply Chain organization. The Lead Engineer will be responsible for driving the resolution of supplier related technical issues within the TRM & MMIC Technology supply base.
This position will be responsible for the following:
- Lead and foster strategic and tactical relationships between suppliers and NG
- Communicate on a regular basis supplier performance metrics (cost, schedule, technical, etc.)
- Facilitate program business and technical interchanges with suppliers
- Host supplier business and performance reviews at NG
- Implement program-specific objectives and Sector level objectives within the supply base
- Monitor overall supply base and industry trends for opportunities and/or risks to NG
- Participate on multi-disciplined teams to assess and qualify new suppliers and/or capabilities
- Visit suppliers on a periodic basis to perform new product technical reviews, oversee high risk processes, and facilitate product close out lessons learned reviews
- Review technical proposals and evaluate results in preparation of supplier selection/down select.
- Serve as a sourcing authority in broad technical areas for TRM & MMICs. Define and analyze broad range of complex of technical requirements.
- Assure formulation and flow down of technical requirements to supply base.
- Provide technical expertise and coordinate the resolution for complex engineering problems across the TRM & MMIC supply base.
- Collaborate with management personnel in the formulation of business goals and technical direction of major programs; has responsibility for shaping and coordinating technical decisions where error would result in failure to attain certain objectives in new or extended product areas, or major contractual commitments.
- Focus awareness on the economics of business, competition and customer satisfaction, in order to gain strategic advantage for Northrop Grumman.
This position requires the ability to balance and influence multiple competing priorities and individuals. A strong commitment and collaborative approach is paramount. Excellent organizational, verbal, and written communication skills, as well as project management, analytical, planning, presentation and human relations' skills are required. Demonstrated experience in the analysis of complex problem solving and interpersonal skills.
This position can be hired at a level 3 or a level 4.
If hired at a level 3 the basic qualifications are:
Bachelor's degree in Engineering and a minimum of 5 years of hardware development experience or Master's Degree in Engineering and 3 years of hardware development experience.
If hired at a level 4 the basic qualifications are:
Bachelor's degree in Engineering and a minimum of 9 years of hardware development experience or Master's Degree in Engineering and 7 years of hardware development experience.
Current DoD Secret or higher security clearance
Knowledge of the design, manufacturing, and application of Ceramics, Ceramic Packages, MMICs, and device packaging
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top