Engineer Electronic Design Architect 4
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems sector is seeking an Electronic Design Architect Engineer 4 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Azusa, CA.
Put your years of experience into a future of excellence. The successful applicant will be assigned to support electronic system architecture design for military and/or civil space programs. The position requires technical understanding and experience in developing flight equipment embedded system from requirements. The successful applicant should have a knowledge of space electronic hardware development that includes system requirement derivation and analysis, HW/SW partitioning, concept design and modeling/analysis, and qualification. The position requires coordination with multi-discipline functions to ensure that the product meets requirements. Specific assignments may include deriving design requirements, performing electronic subsystem architecture design, defining and tracking resource allocations, circuit design and schematic capture, trade studies, and troubleshooting to support anomaly resolution during system integration and test. The applicant may be assigned to participate in design reviews, generate design documents, and perform design analyses. Additional responsibilities may be assigned commensurate with performance or due to business needs.
- Bachelor's Degree in a STEM field (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math)
- 9 years of electrical design, hardware design and product development experience
- Familiar with tasks needed to develop complex flight electronics subsystem through qualification
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance
- Master's Degree or PhD in a STEM field
- 2 or more years of space-based systems engineering/architecture development experience
- Hands-on experience with electronic subsystem assembly, integration, test, and sell-off
- Experience with hardware-software partitioning for real time embedded systems, architecture trade studies, and requirements flow down and tracking
- Experience with formal requirements analysis using standard data and signal processing models, and allocation to avionics assemblies, data buses, memories, and other resources; assigns and tracks TPMs and KPPs, margin management, etc.
- Expertise in formal methods of hardware and software design-oriented modeling techniques such as UML, data flow diagrams, state machines, rate monotonic real time scheduling, etc.
- Experience with technical oversight of vendors or subcontractors for military or aerospace applications, risk management, etc.
- Active Secret security clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top