Engineer Electromechanical 4
Avionics and Tactical Networks (A&TN) is an operating unit within the Communications division of Northrop Grumman Mission Systems. A&TN is located in the Rancho Carmel facility in San Diego, California.
Our expertise is in delivering complex electronics equipment to enable modern battlefields and support aviation missions. Our focus is on the development and production of avionics, radio and electronic warfare product applications to enable networked communications. As part of the corporation's business focus area on Communications, we are the "equipment providers."
We are looking for an Electromechanical Design Engineer for our products. The right candidate will:
- Perform mechanical design and packaging of RF, digital, infrastructure, and test hardware products, including avionics modules, racks, and interface test adapters.
- Perform mechanical and environmental requirements analysis.
- Collaborate with EM analysts/Subject Matter Experts to assess thermal and structural analyses as required. Support electrical-mechanical tradeoffs and physical verification and qualification testing for new designs, as required.
- Mentor and lead junior Electro-Mechanical engineers.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or a closely related engineering or science discipline preferred; equivalent 20 years or more experience in military mechanical design experience acceptable
- Must have experience with military electronics packaging design, including producibility constraints, solids modeling techniques, GD&T, corrosion control, EMI concerns, and thermal/structural analysis methods.
- Must have effective verbal and written communication skills, and the demonstrated ability to function within a small technical team.
- Must be capable of designing to a hardware requirements specification.
- Ability to obtain DoD Secret clearance and SAP/SAR.
- Military avionics experience is preferred.
- Avionics Integrity Program experience is preferred.
- Experience with aircraft integration and airborne environmental requirements analysis and verification is preferred.
- Proficiency in the use of the CATIA V5 and Smarteam is preferred; additional experience with Patran/Nastran or Flotherm tools is also preferred.
- Current DoD Secret clearance is preferred.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top