Engineer Electromechanical 3/4
- Manhattan Beach, CA
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman is looking for a Principal or Senior Principal Electromechanical Printed Circuit Board (PCB) layout designer / Engineer to join the Electronics and Payloads' Product Engineering Department. The position will be located in Manhattan Beach, CA.
The Product Engineering Department is an organization of ~100 engineers that performs advanced electronic packaging development in support of a variety of products destined for space and air programs. In this role, the selected candidate will be expected to work with all engineering disciplines to incorporate their constraints into the Mentor Expedition PCB CAD database, understand and adhere to the core Product Engineering PCB design processes, ensuring others on the team understand and are compliant, develop an expert understanding of our high reliability design standards, lead PCB design reviews, help to create PCB design schedules, and become knowledgeable with our internal build specs, industry standards, and understand PCB manufacturability.
This requisition may be filled at a higher grade base on qualifications listed below.
For more Electronics and Payloads openings visit:
Unique ID: elepay
Unique ID: SOUTHBAYJOB
This requisition may be filled at either a level 3 or a level 4
- Level 3: A Bachelor of Science degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math) discipline and 5 years of engineering experience in an aerospace environment, or a Master's Degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering and 3 years of engineering experience in an aerospace environment
- Level 4: A Bachelor of Science degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math) discipline and 9 years of engineering experience in an aerospace environment, or a Master's Degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering and 7 years of engineering experience in an aerospace environment
- The ability to obtain and maintain a DoD/SCI clearance
- Experience with CAD design, engineering of electronics packaging or printed circuit boards using Mentor Graphics Expedition design flow
- Experience working with different partners across organizations and programs
- Good organizational and problem solving skills with an ability to adapt quickly to changing requirements
- Current understanding of IPC industry standards
- Familiarity with electronic parts and their specs, including high reliability Mil Standard parts
- Knowledge of how PCBs are produced and a current understanding of design and manufacturability challenges
- A Master's Degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering
- Experience with electronic packaging / mechanical design for airborne and space applications
- Experience with electronics design development and sustaining spanning cradle to grave
- Experience leading a team of over 5 employees
- Experience supporting bid & proposal activities
- An active DoD Secret or Top Secret, and/or SCI clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top