Engineer Electromechanical 3
Applies electrical, electronic and mechanical principles to components and systems, including assembly, analysis, and documentation of results; construction of developmental assemblies, sub-assemblies and components; and quality testing. Supports and participates in the design, test, modification, fabrication and assembly of prototype electromechanical systems.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems sector where technology and teamwork come together supporting mission critical equipment for global security is seeking an Electromechanical Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals within Hardware Engineering. This position will be located in Sacramento, CA. The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman Corporation Mission Systems Sector supporting the various sensors installed on the Manned and UAV aircraft that deploy worldwide.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Position utilizes mechanical design principles of components and systems (assembly level) including necessary analysis
- Designs entail packaging and routing of CCAs and electrical modules in flight capable enclosures meeting environmental requirements, thermal dissipations, and EMI specifications
- Design use of composites, analysis of vibration and aircraft/flight fluid dynamics
- Support Hardware Assembly & Integration proto-type and production builds. Support testing and integration of sub-systems and systems
- Design of cable harness utilizing mil-connectors, data, power, fiber optic, shielding, and test
- Develop designs utilizing Design for Manufacturing methods and tools for creation of cost efficient design solutions
- Develop PDR/CDR design presentation and reviews; Ability to convey technical designs to teams and customers with supporting analysis
- Works under only general direction. Independently determines and develops approach to solutions. Work is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives.
- Contributes to the completion of specific programs and projects. Failure to obtain results or erroneous decisions or recommendations would typically result in serious program delays and considerable expenditure of resources
- Create technical data packages including drawings, BOMs, and models.
- Candidate needs to be able to obtain a TS/SCI clearance
- Knowledge and application of ASME 14.5 GD&T
- Experience with PTC Creo or Solidworks
- 5 Years with Bachelors in Science in a STEM discipline; 3 Years with Masters.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in one or more of the following – Solid Modeling, Cabling, Large Assemblies, Drawing Creation
- Working knowledge of basic machining operations
- Experience with material selection and evaluation
- Mentor FLOTHERM
- Creo Mechanica FEA
- PTC RSD cable routing
- PTC Windchill PLM
- Knowledge or IPC-WHMA-A-620
- Knowledge of MIL-STD-3100 Technical Data Package requirements
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top