Engineer Electromechanical 3
Avionics and Tactical Networks (ATN) is an operating unit within the Communications business unit of the Airborne C4ISR Systems division of Northrop Grumman Mission Systems. ATN is located in the Rancho Carmel facility in San Diego, California.
We deliver complex equipment to enable modern battlefields and support aviation missions. Our focus is on the world of avionics, radio and electronic warfare product applications to enable networked communications. As part of the corporation's business focus area on Communications, we are the "equipment providers." Our team of communication systems experts is developing next-generation ground radios for land forces, and our Electronic Warfare subject matter experts are creating the next generation of Improvised Explosive Device (IED)
countermeasures to keep our soldiers safe when in harm's way.
Support senior engineers in the mechanical design and packaging of antenna, RF, digital, infrastructure, and test hardware products, including avionics modules, racks, and interface test adapters. Perform thermal and structural analyses, electrical-mechanical tradeoffs, verification testing and qualification testing under the close supervision of a senior engineer.
- Minimum Education / Experience: 4 Years with Bachelors in Science; 2 Years with Masters
- Requires a fundamental understanding of heat transfer, mechanics of materials, and vibration.
- Requires attention to detail, self-motivation, and self-regulation.
- Candidate should exhibit strong interpersonal and communication skills, and shall have demonstrated the ability to work on complex projects with multiple people.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and Word required. CAD or FEA experience is a plus.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top