Engineer Electromechanical 1
Avionics and Tactical Networks (ATN) is an operating unit within the Communications business unit of the Airborne C4ISR
Systems division of Northrop Grumman Mission Systems. ATN is located in the Rancho Carmel facility in San Diego, California.
We deliver complex equipment to enable modern battlefields and support aviation missions. Our focus is on the world of avionics, radio and electronic warfare product applications to enable networked communications. As part
of the corporation's business focus area on Communications, we are the equipment providers. Our team of communication systems experts is developing next-generation ground radios for land forces, and our Electronic Warfare subject matter experts are creating the next generation of Improvised Explosive Device (IED) countermeasures to keep our soldiers safe when in harm's way.
Support senior engineers in the mechanical design and packaging of antenna, RF, digital, infrastructure, and test hardware products, including avionics modules, racks, and interface test adapters. Perform thermal and structural analyses, electrical-mechanical tradeoffs, verification testing and qualification testing under the close supervision of a senior engineer. Perform product integrity and reliability calculations; determine MTBF; plan and execute qualification testing, environmental stress screening, reliability demonstration testing, etc.
- Must have at least 0 years of related experience with a Bachelors Degree in STEM field
- Requires a fundamental understanding of heat transfer, mechanics of materials, and vibration.
- Requires attention to detail, self-motivation, and self-regulation.
- Candidate should exhibit strong interpersonal and communication skills, and shall have demonstrated the ability to work
on complex projects with multiple people.
- Experience with CAD and FEM/FEA tools
- Understanding of engineering drawing standards and geometric dimensioning & Tolerancing
- Ability to obtain DoD Secret clearance and SAP/SAR.
- Experience using CATIA (CAD), NASTRAN/PATRAN (FEM/FEA), and Flotherm (CFD) is preferred.
- Masters Degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering
- Current DoD Secret clearance is preferred.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top