Engineer Electrical - Sounding Rockets
Northrop Grumman is seeking a Electrical Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in White Sands, NM.
Put your years of experience into a future of excellence... The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Theoretical Studies and Engineering Research (TSER) Sounding Rocket Program.
For over 40 years the Sounding Rocket Program has provided scientific, technical, and educational contributions to the nation's space program as one of the most robust and versatile flight programs at NASA.
Join Northrop Grumman today and become a part of history!
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Researches, develops, designs, and tests electrical components, equipment and systems, applying principles and techniques of electrical engineering.
- Develops applications of controls, instruments, and systems for government and of operational procedures and practices as they apply to sub-orbital rockets.
- Applies comprehensive knowledge of engineering concepts, procedures and practices.
- Analyze, design, and develop solutions to sounding rocket telemetry and power control systems.
- Devises appropriate test methods and documentation to evaluate, debug and check electrical and electronic systems.
- Documents the results of complex analysis and design tasks for technical reports and formal meeting presentations.
- Design moderately complex electronic and electrical systems; assists in developing component and TM system standards and testing/qualification techniques.
- Assists and directs efforts of technical support team personnel.
- Independently performs complex tasks.
- Accomplishments in work or judgment could significantly impact project success, client relationships, and the financial results of the organizational entity.
This position may be filled as a level 2 or level 3, depending on the selected candidate's qualifications.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering.
- Level 2: 2 years experience in electrical engineering. Level 3: 5 years experience in electrical engineering.
- Requires hands-on experience and operational proficiency with electronic equipment such as oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, logic analyzers, signal generators, power supplies, multi-meters, etc.
- Ordnance handling will be required after training and certification.
- Experience and/or training with micro-controllers, PIC's, EPLD, PLD's, DSP's is becoming a requirement for this position.
- Capable of functioning as a payload or project team member as well as being able to work independently.
- Travel required.
- Must be able to obtain a Secret Clearance
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Basic understanding of Telemetry concepts and system operation.
- Experience designing and operating telemetry systems.
- Experience with Telemetry Receivers, Combiners, Bit Synchronizers, and Decommutators.
- Knowledge of multiple modulation schemes to include PCM-FM and SOQPSK
- Programming and computer application skills such as Lab-View/Windows, C, C , OrCad, Microsoft Office, Matlab are desired.
- Position prefers a candidate with a current Secret Clearance
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
For a listing of all Northrop Grumman open positions, please visit our website at http://careers.northropgrumman.com
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top