- Plymouth, MN
This position requires experience in applying Electrical Engineering practices to all phases of DoD programs for Fuzing applications, including:
- Performs research, design, and development in such areas as power conditioning electronics, analog circuit design, digital circuit design, FPGA design, and other general electrical engineering design functions.
- Applies research to the planning, design, development and testing of electrical circuits for use in military applications.
- Is capable of generating design schematics, preferably with experience using CAD tools such as Mentor Graphics.
- Develops specifications for and performs selection of components for use in electrical circuits for military applications. Utilizes electrical CAD tools such as Mentor System Vision for circuit performance prediction in aid of circuit development.
- Oversees board layout and provides pertinent design factors for first pass success on circuit realization.
- Compiles and analyzes test data to determine effect of design on electrical circuits for military applications.
- Requires an MSEE or BSEE +2 years from an accredited college.
- Design experience in the areas of analog, digital, power conditioning, PWB/CCA design and evaluation, electronics packaging, processors and FPGAs.
- Experience in modeling and simulation of systems at various levels of integration.
- Experience with power conditioning circuit design and analog design.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively to cross functional team members.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced, rapidly changing, short turn-around environment.
- Able to obtain a DoD Secret Clearance.
- Possesses strong analytical skills to enable risk analyses and management throughout program.
- Possesses strong interpersonal skills to work effectively within a development team to understand system level interdependencies that impact requirements and design constraints.
- Prefer familiarity with high reliability design for military applications
- Prefer experience in developing high reliability electronics to meet military environments such as extreme temperature conditions, high G shock loads, vibration, and extended storage times.
- Preference for an understanding of Design for Six Sigma (DFSS) disciplines, including design for assembly and design for manufacturing (DFA/DFM)
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top