Engineer Electrical 3
Cutting Edge Optronics, an affiliate of Northrop Grumman Corporation, is looking for a self-motivated, experienced Electrical Engineer. This position requires an individual with a positive attitude, excellent engineering process skills, demonstrated leadership, and the ability to work well in a team environment.
This position requires an experienced Electrical Engineer with proven ability in the design and support of both hardware and software systems. The chosen candidate will work closely with other Electrical Engineers, Mechanical Engineers, Laser Engineers, and Program Managers to develop new products, engineer product enhancements, and provide technical support for fielded systems and manufacturing of laser industry electronics. The chosen candidate will work with a cross section of technologies including laser diode drivers, automated manufacturing and test equipment, micro-controllers, and remote sensing and control systems.
The chosen candidate must have experience which includes schematic capture, analog design, circuit board layout, automation, digital design, and embedded systems hardware and firmware design and troubleshooting. Experience with EMI/EMC/CE, micro-controllers, and Internet of Things (IoT) is a plus.
The ideal candidate will have a well-rounded level of engineering experience including past involvement with military and/or commercial laser electronics systems. Attention to detail, strong engineering process and analytical skills, and the ability to influence change while working with various functional areas at all levels in a dynamic, highly technical environment is a must.
This candidate should:
- Demonstrate a high level of attention-to-detail, organization skills and ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Possess excellent leadership and communication skills.
- Have experience maintaining program schedules and leading design efforts for complex projects.
- Possess strong trouble-shooting skills.
- Have the ability to interact with customers on both a technical and personal level.
- Possess hands-on experience with soldering, assembly, and fabrication of military and/or commercial electronics.
- BS or MS in Electrical Engineering or related degree
- 5 years with BS.; 3 years with MS
- Demonstrated experience with schematic capture
- Analog design experience
- Experience with printed circuit board layout
- Automation experience
- Digital design experience
- Experience with embedded systems hardware design and software
- Power design experience
- Working knowledge of Python, Wireless, and FPGAs
- EMI / EMC / CE-Marking knowledge and experience
- Experience with laser systems and laser system control
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top