Engineer Electrical 3
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Engineer Electrical 3 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Azusa, CA.
- Operate as part a small team of individuals with a wide range of expertise and
- Debug digital systems in a laboratory environment
- Derive chip level requirements from card and box level requirements
- Design digital solutions using a variety of FPGAs and processors
- Implement complex digital designs using VHDL, Verilog, or SystemVerilog
- Verify digital designs through behavioral simulations
- Generate constraints from pre-existing hardware environments
- Create appropriate requirement, design, and verification documentation
- Review and mentor junior digital engineers in best practices
The selected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, collaborative/team settings across all levels. Candidate must be comfortable in a lab environment and be able to collaborate closely with system engineers, hardware designers, and integration/test engineers.
- Bachelor's Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics
- Minimum of 5 years of digital electronics engineering experience
- Minimum of 3 years of experience designing FPGAs or ASICs using VHDL, Verilog, or SystemVerilog
- Ability to obtain and maintain active DOD Security clearance
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering
- Active, In scope DoD Secret clearance
- Experience with communication protocols such as PCI, SPI, and Aurora
- Experience with AMBA AXI-4 bus standard
- Experience with Mentor Graphics Questa Sim simulator
- Experience with FPGA design for space and high reliability systems
- Knowledge of Git or similar version control system
- Excellent 2-way communication skills (upward and downward
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race,color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin,age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top