Engineer Electrical 3
Northrop Grumman is seeking an Electrical Engineer 3 to join our team of qualified and diverse individuals. This position will be located in San Diego, California.
Where Technology and Teamwork come together...Join the Battlefield Airborne Communication Node (BACN) Hardware team and make a difference. The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Battlefield Airborne Communication Node (BACN) Program, a 10 year program, responsible for providing end-to-end communications capability to the war fighter.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Providing minimal mentoring to Intern(s) and Junior level Electrical Engineers
- Identifying day-to-day tasking in support of the BACN Hardware IPT and BACN Hardware department
- Excellent communication skills to support internal and external customer discussions
- Supporting and troubleshooting issues identified by the BACN OCONUS tech team(s)
- Complete understanding and wide application of technical principle, theories, and concepts in the field as well as general knowledge of other related disciplines. Able to communicate effectively and clearly present technical approaches and findings. Provide technical solutions to a wide range of complex difficult problems. Solutions are imaginative, thorough, practicable, and consistent with organization objectives. Works under only general direction. Independently determines and develops approach to solutions. Work is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives. Providing detailed designs of aircraft systems and installations and leading the completion of program projects.
- Should posses a strong understanding of electrical-mechanical component design principles of electrical engineering and the understanding of electrical and thermal relationships.
- SolidWorks CAD design as it applies to cable design.
- Candidate must be able to meet aggressive/accelerated schedule deadlines.
- Contribute to the development of engineering schedules and understand interdependencies.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Typical Minimum Education / Experience: 5 Years with Bachelors in Science; 3 Years with Masters; 0 Years with PhD.
- Ability to use a standard desktop (PC) computer and Windows-based tools to produce original documents including drawings, plans, procedures and reports.
- Technical writing skills.
- Ability to work productively in a team environment.
- Must possess effective oral and written communication skills in order to communicate well and interact successfully with all levels of the organization.
- US citizenship required. Must be able to obtain a Secret Clearance.
- Experience with Visio and SolidWorks.
- This position requires physical ability to maneuver around equipment in test labs and on ships and aircraft; verbal acuity to clearly communicate with personnel; and manual dexterity sufficient to use keyboards and control panels.
- SolidWorks CAD 3D design and drawing experience.
- Experience with airborne communication aircraft including payload rack installations, equipment and operations, platform systems integration and ground and flight testing.
- Experience with EMI/EMC (electromagnetic interference (EMI)/Electromagnetic compatibility (EMC).
- Extensive experience in land, sea and air power distribution systems.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top