Engineer Electrical 2
The BACN program at NGMS/Comms Division/Resilient Network Solutions is seeking an Electrical Engineer 2 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in San Diego, CA. Transforming the future of technology, Northrop Grumman Corporation is a leader in the Defense industry, developing and delivering quality products that help ensure the safety and freedom of this nation and its allies. The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Engineering, Manufacturing, and Sciences organization, responsible for innovative detail design ranging from chassis to aircraft payload, as well as the analysis necessary to satisfy program requirements.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Providing detailed designs of aircraft systems, cabling, and installations.
- Design of integrated systems for airborne platforms, including cabling for power, RF, networking, 1553 bus, and other data types.
- Participating with Project Engineer and Program Staff for Electrical and/or hardware cabling and/or systems.
- SWaP analysis.
- Develop electrical design drawings and technical specifications.
- Reviewing design proposals and drawings.
- Analyzing and resolving design issues in the areas of communications systems and related electrical systems and components.
- Engineering colaboration between procurement and production for the interpretation of engineering design, documentation, and BOM management.
- Candidate must be able to meet aggressive/accelerated schedule deadlines.
- Contribute to the development of engineering schedules.
- Participating with production planning and fabrication for airborne systems.
- Working under general and independent guidance to develop approaches to solutions based on customer/program requirements.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- 2 Years with Bachelors in Science degree in Electrical Engineering or Aerospace Engineering
- Ability to use a standard desktop (PC) computer and Windows-based tools to produce original documents including drawings, plans, procedures and reports.
- Technical writing skills for electrical power designs/systems.
- Ability to work productively in a team environment .
- Must possess effective oral and written communication skills in order to communicate well and interact successfully with all levels of the organization.
- Must Possess technical flexibility and willingness to learn.
- US citizenship required. Must be able to obtain a Secret Clearance.
- Experience with Visio and SolidWorks.
- This position requires physical ability to maneuver around equipment in test labs and on ships and aircraft; verbal acuity to clearly communicate with personnel; and manual dexterity sufficient to use keyboards and control panels.
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Experience with electrical/electronic hardware design, analysis and production.
- Experience with standard electronic test equipment including oscilloscopes, logic analyzers and digital multimeters (DMMs).
- Experience in a variety of manned and unmanned aircraft systems, including Global Hawk RQ-4 A/B (Block 20 through 40, including BACN modifications).
- Experience with airborne communication aircraft including payload rack installations, equipment and operations, platform systems integration and ground and flight testing.
- Knowledge of aircraft RF and antenna's.
- Knowledge of tactical radio controls and signals.
- Knowledge and understanding of computers and network systems.
- Experience and skill in troubleshooting electronics and electrical systems related to AC/DC power, serial communication, RF and fiber-optic systems-Airborne RF systems, including antennas, cabling, cosite analysis and cosite mitigation.
- Experience in qualifying equipment to EMI/EMC performance tests.
- Familiarity with MIL-type connectors, cable design, electrical analysis techniques and methods.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top