Engineer Electrical 2
Northrop Grumman Technology Services is seeking an Electrical Engineer 2 in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma for support on projects associated with the design and development of communication, navigation, radar, avionics, power and/or electrical systems architecture, components, circuits, and products. The employee will research, develop, design, and test electrical components, equipment, systems, and products for defense systems or commercial purposes.
This engineer will support the Lead Engineer in execution of various program activities, to include program reviews, test procedure, report, and control plan development and review, requirements management, automated test software development, test execution and witnessing, and hardware selection and specification development.
- Analyze complex electronic circuitry and precision electro-mechanical assemblies through simulation or analysis in order to recommend component substitutions or re-design solutions to ensure the integrity of the platform configuration, system safety, and performance specifications.
- Identify, analyze, and solve obsolescence issues.
- Access, interpret, and recommend changes to engineering drawings.
- Establish design concepts, criteria and engineering efforts for product research, development, integration and test.
- Establish milestones and monitors adherence to master plans and schedules.
- Identify program problems and assist in the establishing of solutions, such as allocation of resources, improved processes, or changing contractual specifications.
- Act independently to uncover and resolve issues associated with the development and implementation of programs.
- Support process improvement and establishment.
- Bachelor's of Science in Electrical Engineering or similar field with 2 years of experience designing developing & testing systems architecture, components, circuits, or products
- 0 years of work experience with a Master's degree.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret Security Clearance.
- Solid written and verbal skills in order to effectively interact with Government counterparts and cross-functional organizations.
- OrCAD or similar design tool experience a plus
- Experience with aerospace system design
- Experience with Air Force customers and aerospace industry and military standards
- Active DoD Secret Security Clearance (or higher)
- Experience with test planning at the circuit card, equipment and system level
- Experience with nuclear hardened systems
- Experience with information security, COMSEC and TEMPEST
- Experience with DOORS and general requirements management best practices
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top