Engineer Electrical 2
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems Sector is seeking a highly motivated Digital Design Engineer to develop and maintain FPGA and CCAs (circuit card assembly) for defense applications using cutting edge digital technologies. The Digital Design Engineer is responsible for evaluating the customer needs, identifying the requirements, developing, implementing, analyzing, and testing of certain aspects of electrical components and systems. He/she will be familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the engineering field, rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals, support existing products, and develop a range of new products. This position may require some business related travel (approximately 10%). The position is located in Sacramento, CA.
- Perform FPGA design, simulation, and documentation using product families such as Xilinx Kintex7, Virtex7, Zynq, Ultrascale, and Altera Stratix.
- Conduct testing of products using high-speed oscilloscopes, signal generators, signal analyzers, Matlab, and FPGA debugging tools.
- Define and develop specifications and test procedures
- Create circuit card assembly (CCA) schematics, block diagrams, parts lists, and design review packages for complex multilayer printed circuit boards (PCB) that contain the following types of components: FPGA, ADC/DAC, high-speed transceivers, DDR and flash memories.
- Establish PCB physical guidelines and oversee the placement, routing and fabrication of the design.
- Release engineering and manufacturing documentation in order to support projects.
- Support production and manufacturing activities, including planning and materials procurement.
- Bachelor of Science degree in a STEM discipline (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math) with 2 years of relevant work experience, or Master of Science STEM degree with 0 years of experience
- 1 years of experience in FPGA design and development using VHDL or verilog
- 1 years of experience in FPGA simulation
- 1 years of experience in FPGA design verification using hardware verification and debugging tools
- 1 years of experience in FPGA constraints leading to timing closure in FPGA routes
- Must be a US Citizen with the ability obtain a security clearance
- Tools: Modelsim, Xilinx Vivado, Synplicity, MATLAB
- Digital Signal Processing
- Experience in the use of lab test equipment such as oscilloscopes and logic analyzers
- Experience in technical documentation such as architecture documents and interface definition documents
- High-speed protocols such as PCI-E
- Microprocessors, real-time systems, embedded linux
- Technical documentation such as architecture documents and interface definition documents
- Bus functional models
- CCA Design using schematic capture tools
- CCA level test and debug using standard lab equipment
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top