Engineer Electrical 2
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for an Electrical Design Lab Engineer 2 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Melbourne, FL.
- Responsibilities to include the development, integration and documentation of Laboratory and aircraft systems, electrical cable designs and electrical assemblies for aerospace programs
- Must be familiar with Mil Components, i.e. Mil Connectors, Mil Backshells, Mil wire type, mil power and mil circuit breakers
- Develop and integrate wiring designs utilizing AutoCAD Electrical or similar electrical design tool
- Create block diagrams, wiring diagrams and detailed assemblies using SAE AS 50881 (Mil-5088) and proven commercial practices
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret level security clearance
- Must be able to obtain and maintain program access
The selected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, collaborative/team settings across all levels.
- Bachelor's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and 2 years of electrical engineering experience OR
- Master's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university
- Experience with design software such as AutoCAD, NX, Unigraphics, SolidWorks, etc
- A current DoD Secret or Top Secret/SCI level security clearance, to include a Single Scope Background Investigation, a periodic reinvestigation, or an original adjudication date completed within the last 6 years
- Program Access
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Air Vehicle electrical design experience
- Professional experience using AutoCAD
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and the ability to interface with all levels of employees and management
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top