Engineer Electrical 1
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for an Engineer Electrical 1 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Melbourne, FL.
The selected candidate will develop and implement test plans in a desk and/or production environment supporting various space, aircraft, and ground systems.
- Knowledge emphasis on electrical subsystem testing requirements, CKT testing, RF Testing, & Fiber Optic testing
- Responsibilities include subsystems analysis; test method selection; test planning; test equipment integration; test procedure development and update; test setup and execution; test data acquisition and analysis; test reporting
- Must be able to work closely with other engineers, project leaders, and test technicians supporting production line testing, as well as work within difficult schedules and budget constraints.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain Program Access
- This position requires temporary work in Melbourne, FL before transitioning to Palmdale, CA
The selected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, collaborative/team settings across all levels.
- Bachelor's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university
- A current DoD Secret or Top Secret/SCI level security clearance, to include a Single Scope Background Investigation, a periodic reinvestigation, or an original adjudication date completed within the last 6 years
- Bachelor's Degree in Aerospace Engineering or Electrical Engineering
- Technical writing experience using Microsoft Office
- Experience using CAD software such as NX, Unigraphics, etc
- Experience using HarnesSys
- Experience using configuration management tools such as CPLM, Teamcenter, etc
- Previous test engineering experience on production floor
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and the ability to interface with all levels of employees and management
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top