Engineer Elctro Opticl Msrmt 1
- Develop new methodology techniques, develop fabrication processes for new products, and make improvements to processes for existing products
- Thoroughly understand all aspects of the cutting, shaping, grinding, and polishing processes for current and new materials
- Develop a thorough understanding of the current metrology techniques at SYNOPTICS as well as creating new measurement techniques (customer required or for in-house characterization)
- Transition new metrology techniques to a manufacturing environment
- Participate in developing new business opportunities, participate on cost-savings teams, and provide technical training for manufacturing employees (training will require some shift flexibility on a limited basis)
- Document new processes and process improvement ( in fabrication and metrology)
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Optics, Physics, or an Engineering discipline
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Optics or Physics
- Industry experience of one to three years
- Experience with some or all of the following: lasers, spectroscopy, optical fabrication, x-ray equipment, and/or optical testing
- Function in a team environment working closely with engineers, technicians, and management across various disciplines
- Hardware/software interfacing knowledge (e.g., Labview) is a plus
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO.
U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top