Engineer Circuit Design (Power and Control) 3
AtNorthrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work onrevolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around theworld today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom anddemocracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe.We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit tojoin forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Ourculture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringingyour whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what othersthink is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're makinghistory.
NorthropGrumman Aerospace Systems sector is seeking an Engineer Circuit Design (Powerand Control) 3 to join our team of creative and diverse engineers. Theposition will be located in Redondo Beach, CA.
Responsibilitiesrange from designing, analyzing, and testing high-reliabilityDC to DC switchmode power converters for space and airborne platforms. The ideal candidate will be working throughall phases of the development process ranging from bid proposals to productqualification and delivery.
- Develop power architectures and generate requirement
- Conduct circuit design, analysis, and simulations
- Perform Hardware testing and validation
- Provide manufacturing test support on deliverable hardware
- Bachelors of Science degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) field from an accredited institution and 5 years of engineering experience in an aerospace environment
- Experience in designing and testing analog and power circuits
- Proficiency with PSpice and MathCAD
- Knowledge of control systems and feedback theory
- Ability to obtain and maintain an SSBI/SCI security clearance
- Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering with a concentration in Control Systems or Communications and 3 years of engineering experience in an aerospace environment
- Active In-Scope DoD Top Secret or SSBI/SCI clearance
- Experience with planar magnetics, hi-density mechanical packaging, and thermal control techniques for aerospace environments
- Experience with requirements development, system integration, and flight/production test activities
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining adiverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative ActionEmployer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex,sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age,veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our completeEEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S.Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top