Engineer Circuit Design 2 (Power ASIC)
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Across our career areas and around the globe, we see the value of our performance every day. We are Northrop Grumman, and defining the next generation is at the heart of what we do
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems is searching forIC designer for next generation Mixed Signal ASIC solutions for our nation's next generation security and defense platforms.This position will be located in Redondo Beach.
The selectedcandidate will work with senior engineers to develop next generation of mixed signal power management ICs for power converter and power processing applications.
- Assist with defining and driving the overall Mixed Signal ASIC and system architecture requirements for interface and peripheral IP
- Perform design simulation and synthesis
- Work with the Physical Design, Packaging, and Board design teams to develop floor plans and packaging/IO implementation options and associated tradeoff
-Participate in the design and development of NG internal processes and standards
For more Electronics and Payloads openings visit:
Unique ID: elepay
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or another STEM discipline
- Minimum of2 years of experience in CMOS analog mixed-signal integrated circuit design; or a STEM Master's degree
- Experiencewith CAD tools such as Cadence, Spectre, Calibre, PSPICE, Simetrix, and hspice
- Familiar withdesigning basic building blocks of high-voltage CMOS PWM power controller IC: oscillator, precision error amplifiers, precision references, gate drivers, protection circuits, sequencer, etc.
- Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Ability to obtain/maintain a Top Secret/SCI clearance
- 2plus years of experience in Power Management circuit design with knowledge of industry standard design conventions and best practices in power management IC circuit design
- Familiar withdesign theory of CMOSRHBD (Radiation Hardened By Design) circuit andlayout techniques for TID/SEE/SEL immunity
- Understanding of power converter theory for various types of DC-DC (e.g. Buck, Boost, Forward, Flyback) converters, modulations/control schemes, feedback theory, etc.
- Experience in reliability and failure analysis for effects such as ESD, electromigration, TDDB, and hot carrier effects
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top