Engineer 5 - Senior Contamination Control Engineer
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems is seeking a Senior Contamination Control Engineer5 to work in Redondo Beach, California.
This position is for a Senior Contamination Control Engineer on the James Webb Space Telescope (JWST). He/she will coordinate contamination control support (resolution of technical issues involving contamination control for manufacturing, integration, test and launch of spacecraft) for the JWST program.
This person will be providing senior level contamination support for a major program. Included in the tasks will be to derive contamination control related requirements, write and revise Contamination Control Plans, verify requirements, and support contamination issue resolution. This person will be asked to regularly brief senior program, company, and customer leadership on status and issue resolution. Outstanding written and oral communication is required.
Additionally, this person will have to provide Contamination Control support to the Integration and Test Environment, including hardware inspections and sampling. This support includes review of contamination control plans, cleaning procedures, and AI&T documentation; performance of cleanliness inspections and surface analysis of spacecraft hardware; and witness of various production activities to verify that contamination control requirements are met.
- Bachelors of Science degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) field from an accredited institution and14 years of engineering experience in an aerospace environment ORMasters of Science degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) field from an accredited institution and12 years of engineering experience in an aerospace environment.
- Knowledge and experience in Contamination Control Engineering in a space environment
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret Security Clearance
- Masters' Degree in Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering
- PhD degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) field from an accredited institution and 9 years of engineering experience in an aerospace environment
- Have the communication skill to work across organizational and discipline boundaries to achieve results, and have the demonstrated ability to interface with all levels of functional and project management
- Possesses strong leadership qualities, as well as strong verbal and written communication skills
Back to top