Engineer 4 (Field Services) (Palmdale)
Put your experience to work with Northrop Grumman! We are seeking an Engineer 4 to support our Palmdale, CA site. Successful candidate will provide technical guidance to a diverse team of technical personnel to ensure operational systems and support equipment are mission capable along with a myriad of duties. Communicate and provide day to day insight to program management and engineers responsible for all engineering investigations and repair dispositions. Ensure technical exchange between end user and design agents is in accordance with contract requirements as well as compliant with engineering specifications. Technical direction provided is transferable to the operational community and is dynamically usable. Liaise with support and other IPTs as needed to ensure timely deliverables and documentation concerns are addressed. Support regular briefings to the customer and program leadership regarding system status, technical challenges and potential related risks.
The selected candidate is required to travel 50% of the time to various location as needed to support the program and will have a current and active Top Secret clearance and the ability to obtain and maintain Special Program Access.
- BS degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math.
- At least 9 years engineering experience in a development, test or operational environment in an aerospace industry.
- Minimum of 4 years prior experience troubleshooting and operating manned or unmanned aerospace platforms.
- Must have demonstrated leadership experience working with junior engineers and/or maintenance personnel.
- Must be able to travel up to 50% of the time (domestic and international travel).
- Current and active Top Secret Clearance
- Master's degree with 10 years experience.
- Prior aerospace/military experience with airborne systems in an engineering support role or troubleshooting aircraft subsystems.
- Ideal candidate will have prior experience in a development or operational test environment supporting system troubleshooting for manned or unmanned platforms.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top