Northrop Grumman is seeking an Engineer to provide cost engineering and pricing/cost estimating to support a Government client involved with the privatization of electric, gas, water, and wastewater utility systems at Air Force, Army, and DLA Installations.
Position assists the client with evaluating proposals received from Utility System Owners/contractors and determining whether these are fair and reasonable from a cost standpoint.
Specific duties include:
- Reviews proposals/submittals from Utility System Owners/contractors regarding costs of utility construction projects and maintenance requirements
- Prepares Government cost estimates of utility construction projects for comparison to Utility System Owner/contractor proposals
- Evaluates technical and price proposals from utility contractors regarding construction and operations and maintenance of utility systems
- Writes and coordinates evaluation reports discussing findings and presenting cost estimates
- Participates in contract negotiations; identifies issues, reviews offer comments, and drafts Government responses.
- Participates in meetings in-person and/or via telephone/Skype with Government client and contractors as necessary to provide support to customer
This position is for a telecommuter. Cellphone and laptop computer will be provided.
It is preferred that the Telecommuter must live within a four hour drive of Lorton, VA to allow attendance of occasional meetings at client site.
- BS in Electrical, Civil or Mechanical engineering is required in addition to a minimum of 9 years of experience (7 years of experience with a MS Degree)
- Experience with utility system (primarily water and wastewater) construction design
- Experience with cost estimating (primarily water and wastewater) of construction project and maintenance costs
- US Citizenship is required
- Experience with Government contracting, project management and working with the Military
- Experience with military Utilities Privatization program requirements and policies
- Experience with cost analysis of construction projects
- Familiarity with gas and electric utility systems
- Familiarity with basic finance concepts as they pertain to utility contractors
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top