Engineer 3- Operations Program Manager
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems Sector - located in Linthicum, MD - has an immediate need for an Engineer 3- Operations Program Manager (OPM). The OPM will work within the Airborne C4ISR Division and is responsible for interface between the program office and manufacturing.
The candidate must be a self motivated individual who can work in a fast-paced environment. The OPM must have strong interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written, as well as a strong problem solving mindset.
The responsibilities of an OPM include:
- The Operations Program Manager (OPM) 3 coordinates and directs activities between Manufacturing, Engineering, Materials and Test to develop and execute manufacturing build plans.
- This position is responsible for coordinating schedules, cost requirements, and manufacturing visibility to both the Program Office and the Customer and maintaining quality, cost, and schedule requirements.
- The OPM will work to targeted cost and schedule requirements.
- The OPM will facilitate internal meetings to support design, production, and problem resolution.
- The OPM will represent manufacturing at the program Risk Review Board (RRB) meetings and create / manage any applicable manufacturing risks and/or opportunities from the program risk register. Furthermore, the OPM will support and generate proposal documentation as needed to foster new work.
- This position requires acting as a leader or member of a product team, responsible for product-level requirements analysis, design, engineering and fabrication of the products assigned.
Please be aware that this is a Professional Staff Band 3 position, not a Management position
- A Bachelor's degree in an Engineering field (or other STEM field- Science, Technology, Engineering or Math)
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or 3 years of relevant work experience with a Master's Degree
- Experience in a multi-disciplined engineering and manufacturing environment
- Experience supporting the manufacturing discipline
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Clearance per business requirements (US citizenship required)
- BS Degree in Industrial, Manufacturing, or Quality Engineering
- Master's degree in Engineering, Business Management, Engineering
- Experience with cost, schedule, project leadership, and/or process improvement
- Current Secret clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top