Engineer 3- Contamination Control Engineer
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Contamination Control Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Redondo Beach, CA.
The selected candidate will act as a Contamination Control Engineer for the James Webb Space Telescope (JWST).
- Support all phases of a Space program as a Contamination Control Engineer.
- Provide Lab support where needed.
- Work within a multidisciplinary team to insure program requirements and goals are met.
- Provide support to the JWST Integration and Test team, performing contamination inspections, tests, cleanings and process and hardware controls where needed.
The selected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, collaborative/team settings across all levels. Candidate must be comfortable in a lab environment and be able to collaborate closely with system engineers, hardware designers, and integration/test engineers and technicians.
- BS Degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, Mechanical Engineering or related engineering field with 2 years experience orMS Degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, Mechanical Engineering or related engineering field.
- Must have knowledge and understanding of mechanical and physical properties of materials, chemical processes, and space
- Ability to multitask, and be self-directed
- Good written and oral communication skills, be team oriented, and have problem solving analytical skills
- Experience working in a cleanroom and with contamination-sensitive hardware
- Have the communication skill to work across organizational and discipline boundaries to achieve results, and have the demonstrated ability to interface with all levels of functional and project management
- Experience working with space hardware and engineering teams
- Active, In scope DoD Top Secret or SCI clearance
Back to top