ENG. TECH IV
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
FUNCTION OF POSITION
1. Performs standard, routine, and complex tasks demonstrating complete competencies beyond that of Eng. Tech III, may direct small group efforts, records data, and follows cleanroom procedures.
2. Is directed and coached by supervision, Lead Technicians and/or more Senior Technicians.
3. Receives on-the-job training, works in ESD sensitive areas, cleanroom facilities and all other cleanroom-type environments that exist.
4. Depending on area of assignment, assists Senior Technicians and engineers in performing all aspects of contamination control on hardware, ground support equipment (GSE) and flight hardware used in and around ESD sensitive and/or cleanroom facilities. May also perform other duties associated within area of assignment as directed by Lead Personnel or management.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Assure cleanliness of ESD laboratories, cleanrooms, flight hardware and non-flight hardware.
2. Follow written/oral ESD laboratory and cleanroom procedures.
3. Safe and effective use of cleaning chemicals, supplies and equipment.
4. Report facility related problems to Lead, supervision, engineering and/or management as they occur.
5. Maintain equipment and proper level of supplies as required.
6. May also perform temporary duties in other areas associated with area of assignment.
NATURE OF POSITION CHALLENGES
1. Selects and adapts plans, techniques, designs or layouts. Contacts personnel in related activities to resolve problems and coordinate the work.
2. Reviews, analyzes and integrates the technical work of others.
3. Ability to adapt to weekend and holiday support on short notice and extended hours as required.
1. Works under little to no guidance of Lead Personnel, Senior Technicians or Technical Supervisor.
2. Work is reviewed for technical adequacy and satisfaction of requirements as outlined by operational procedures, by Lead Technician direction, more Senior Technician or supervision, coupled with guidance from professional engineers.
SUPERVISION OF OTHERS
1. Does not normally provide direct supervision to others unless assigned as a lead person. Lead personnel are responsible for providing technical direction, assignment of work and direction of those working under their direction.
1. Assignments must be completed using available allocated resources in a timely manner to meet project cost and schedule requirements.
1. Education or years' of experience commensurate with skill level required for position complexity as determined by management.
2. Specialized training pertaining to area of assignment is required. Knowledge of engineering terms and ability to operate computers is required. Experience with instruments, basic hand tools, and chemical commodities required.
3. Must be capable of performing job function related to CC Tech III position.
4. Experience performing NVR plate rinses with minimal senior CC technician oversight, or, willing to learn within one year.
5. Must bag flight hardware with the minimal senior CC technician oversight.
6. Experience reading tape lifts and fall out plate samples using microscope, and draft report of findings, or, ability to learn within one year.
7. Ability to follow verbal and written instructions from Leads, engineering or management.
8. Ability to use own judgment and decisions to allow continuity of work flow.
9. Must be self-motivated and a Team Player with good interpersonal and communication skills.
10. Must be capable of passing required physical examinations and successfully completing assigned training or other required training or certifications as directed by ETIS management.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION
1. Works from ladders, scaffolding, catwalks, cranes, boatswain chairs, suspended platforms or cages, etc.
2. Works while bending, standing, stooping, kneeling or in a prone position for extended periods.
3. Works in closely confined spaces.
4. Lift and carry items up to 35 pounds.
5. Pushes and pulls heavy objects.
6. Ability to use hearing and vision protection and respiratory equipment.
7. Ability to distinguish eight color panel display.
8. Ability to work in a full cleanroom garment ensemble when required.
1. Work indoors and out in high and low temperatures and in all types of weather conditions.
2. Work in dusty, noisy, hot, high humidity, dirty and greasy environment.
3. Work in areas where there may be materials that are irritating to eyes, nose, throat and skin while wearing appropriate personal protective equipment.
4. Work with other personnel in a group that is team-oriented.
5. Accept and work within established policies and procedures pertaining to company rules and regulations.
EQUIPMENT AND MACHINES INVOLVED IN WORK TASK
1. Up to 1½ ton trucks and vehicles.
2. Fork lifts
3. Man lifts such as JLG, Handy Herman, Bucket truck, etc.
5. Mechanical, electrical, and pneumatic hand tools.
6. Desktop computers utilizing Microsoft Office Suite software including Word and Excel.
7. Office and facility equipment.
CRITICALITY OF ATTENDANCE
1. Regular daily attendance is required to maintain office effectiveness. Overtime (Holidays, Weekends and Scheduled and Unscheduled) shift work may be required. Travel both domestically and internationally for both short and longterm durations.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top