ENG. TECH II - Thermal Vacuum Test
- Greenbelt, MD
Performs basic tasks and standard assignments, demonstrating developing competency. Is directed and coached by supervisor and more senior technicians. Performs duties in areas such as environmental test facility operations. Depending on area of assignment, assists senior technicians and engineers in: performing spacecraft environmental tests; repairing and maintaining equipment, facilities and systems; or other duties associated with area of assignment.
Primary duties are to operate all T/V facilities and associated equipment in Lab's 7 & 10 and performing thermal transitions per procedure on space flight hardware under the direction of a senior technician. Additional duties include but are not limited to, installing T/C's on P/L hardware, connecting GSE and leak checking for T/V testing, recording data in the test log as requested, performing pre-pumps, support flight projects in T/V facilities or other duties associated with are assignment.
Responsible for supporting set-up activities which includes but not limited to: pre-start check lists, cold finger samples and general housekeeping, performing safety inspections. May also be requested to train entry level technicians as directed and support fabrication of test fixtures.
Must also operate the environmental test data acquisition system and SCADA PLC, TQCM program, RGA, thermal condition units and other test equipment.
- Work indoors and out in high and low temperatures and in all types of weather conditions.
- Work with other personnel in a group that is Team Oriented.
- Work in clean rooms.
- Minimum of 2 years related or 1 year direct experience required to the area of assignment with demonstrated communication skills. Must be computer-literate. Familiarity with hand tools & electrical & mechanical principles is required.
- Must adhere to verbal and written guidelines and procedures.
- Must be capable of working from ladders, scaffolding, catwalks, cranes, suspended platforms or cages, etc.
- Must be capable of working while bending, standing, stooping, kneeling or in a prove position for extended periods of time.
- Must be capable of working in small and large confined spaces.
- Must be capable of setting for long periods of time.
- Must be able to use the proper PPE as required by work activities.
- Must have the ability to distinguish color for 8 color display while monitoring testing data.
- Must be able to accommodate shift changing, weekend and holiday support on short notice and extended hours as required.
- Must be capable of passing required physical examinations and successfully completing the following training: Electro-static discharge, hazard communication, confined space, Electrical Safety, Cryogenic safety, clean room, personal protective equipment, IT security and other required training or certifications as directed by ETIS management.
- Knowledge of the operations and maintenance of all test facilities and utility infrastructure located in the Building 7/10/15/29 testing complex.
- Has working knowledge of vacuum leak testing for mechanical connections such as VCR and comflat.
- Has working knowledge of SCADA, Lab View or TVDS work stations.
- Experience with LN2, LHe, and GN2 refrigerants and their associated equipment.
- Experience with Crane, Man-Lifts, Boom and Forklifts.
- General desktop experience for Windows based office suite.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top