Energetics Engineer (VSET LEAD)
- West Valley City, UT
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman is currently seeking an experienced Sr. Principal Energetics Engineer (VSET Lead) for our Bacchus (Magna), UT team.
Role description & Responsibilities:
Under the direction of the Bacchus Value Stream Director, this position is responsible to lead one or more specific elements or product families within the Bacchus Value Stream. The VSET Lead is responsible for delivering a product family through overall ownership and accountability of that product's value stream element including: acceptance of requirements, product and process design, planning generation, product manufacture, inspection, acceptance and delivery to the downstream customer to meet cost and schedule requirements. This position will have responsibility for either RMA or Loaded Motor. The increased work load for GEM-63 and Hypersonic and LAS has driven the need for additional VSET's.
- Works closely with the functional organizations (e.g. design, S&MA, process engineering, supply chain and operations) to effectively and efficiently staff the team as required.
- Manages and ensures effective concurrent engineering through the oversight and integration of all engineering and processing disciplines
- Requests, acquires and manages resources within a matrix organization as necessary to accomplish the goals of the value stream.
- The VSET leader is responsible for total team performance and works closely with the program office and plant functional organizations to accomplish program and company goals.
- The VSET leader's primary focus is the design and manufacture of a defect free, highest value product that satisfies every customer requirement by focusing on and effectively integrating all elements and disciplines of the associated value stream.
- All design, reliability, safety, performance, cost and schedule requirements.
- The safety of personnel, facilities and product through the development and manufacturing lifecycle.
- Produced and procured designs, processes, suppliers, materials, facilities, inspection plans, tooling, etc.
- Financial performance of the value stream and its functional organizations. This includes tracking, reviewing and approval of PCR's as needed for submittal to the Program Office.
- Value enhancement and waste elimination efforts for all aspects of the component value stream utilizing PES principles for continuous improvement
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in related engineering discipline, plus 2 years work experience. Or Master's Degree in engineering and 0 years of experience. May be hired one level higher with BS and 5 years work experience or MS and 3 years' experience.
- Qualified individuals engineering, program management, production, safety and/or mission assurance roles where the candidate has developed a well-rounded background and understanding of our business and the product lifecycle
- Knowledge and background in Loaded Motor or RMA processes strongly preferred. Knowledge of Bacchus programs is a plus, but not required. Programs/areas of responsibility will be determined based on background and experience.
- Knowledge and background in the D5 program and the motor storage area preferred, but not required.
- BS/MS degree Classical Engineering degree
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top