Employee Communications Representative 3/4
Northrop Grumman is seeking an Employee Communications Representative. This position will be located at our Mission Systems Sector facility in Sunnyvale, CA.
Mission Systems is an innovative provider of agile and affordable mission-enabling systems including differentiated C4ISR and cyber solutions, innovative integrated solutions, and multi-domain mission effectiveness.
The Employee Communications Representative supports the Director of Navigation & Maritime Systems Division (N&MSD) Communications in the development of communication tools, delivery of internal and external communications, and management of communication content to ensure consistency of key messages and standardization of format. S/He will serve as the communications lead for the Marine Systems business area located in Sunnyvale, CA and will also support N&MSD level internal and executive communications. The Employee Communications Representative ensures that all communications reflect the Northrop Grumman brand and partners with the functional organizations and division communication account director to plan, create, and disseminate all internal news and announcements as well as external communications. In addition, the individual will help develop and implement internal integrated business communication plans or campaigns as needed to support the Marine Systems' strategic goals and priorities.
- Serves as the lead for Marine Systems and Sunnyvale campus internal and external communications
- Provides support for N&MSD level internal and executive communications
- Develops, executes and supports communication strategies for new initiatives and existing employee programs which support organizational change and enhance employee engagement.
- Ensures that the Marine Systems communications strategy is consistent and reflects the organization's strategic vision.
- Develops all weekly and monthly Marine Systems communications
- Serves as point person for Sunnyvale VP and executive communications requests
- Works with Marine Systems leadership to anticipate, understand, and plan communications
- Serves as member of Sunnyvale Executive Leadership Team (ELT)
- Develops and leads Integrated Business Communications (IBC) plans in support of Marine Systems business and prospects
- Leads the development and distribution of the Navigation & Maritime Systems Division's internal newsletter.
- Develops new and innovative methods for effective communications
- Publishes timely company information, such as memos and company directives.
- Monitors and analyzes communications efforts and campaign results, making necessary revisions as needed.
- Measures and presents results of communication efforts.
- Serves as the point person for implementing sector-wide communications within Marine Systems.
- Helps to manage content on the N&MSD Intranet/SharePoint site working with appropriate content owners.
Strong writing skills are required as is an ability to work independently, self-directed and as part of a team. The ability to interact and work effectively with senior executive personnel across multiple functions is required. Position reports to Navigation & Maritime Systems division director of communications.
This position may be filled at either a level 3 or a level 4.
- (Level 3) Bachelor's degree with 6 years of related experience.
- (Level 4) Bachelor's degree with 10 years of related experience.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to work with a variety of executives at multiple levels of the organization
- Skill in juggling multiple projects/activities simultaneously and meeting deadlines
- Creativity and resourcefulness
- Ability to collaborate with communicators across the organization
- Ability to work independently
- U.S. Citizenship required
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- Secret Security Clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top