EMI/EMC Lab Technician
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come.
Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking EMI/EMC Lab Technicians for its Product Qualification Lab. These positions are located in Linthicum, Maryland and are union represented.
This is a pipeline staffing requisition usedto source qualified talent for near future and on-going talent needs in this area of professional expertise.
Responsibilities for EMI/EMC Lab Technicians are:
- Perform EMI/EMC (Electromagnetic Interference/Electromagnetic Compatibility)tests and measurements of electronic and electro-mechanical equipment and subsystems using standard and precision measurement instrumentation.
- Setup test equipment and perform tests such as Conducted Emissions & Susceptibility, Radiated Emissions & Susceptibility, ESD, EFT, etc.
- Analyze radiated emissions signals by use of probing and shielding techniques.
- Work from established test plans or procedures.
- Set up and operate computer-controlled or manually-operated lab test equipment such as Antennas, Spectrum Analyzers, Signal Generators, RF Amplifiers and Oscilloscopes.
- Maintain tools, equipment and work area in a clean and orderly condition.
- Associate's degree in Electronics or 60 credits towards a bachelor's degree in the field of Electronics. 6 months of military training/education in electronics with 2 years experience in electronics will be considered in lieu of college credits.
- Must pass pre-employment skills screening assessment.
- Must be able toobtain and maintainDoD clearance.
- Minimum two years hands-on EMI/EMC test and troubleshooting experience.
- Knowledge of MIL-STD-461 requirements and experience with MIL-STD-461 test methodology, procedures, and test equipment are required.
- Experience working in a laboratory and a team environment.
- Understanding of RF measurement techniques and use of various RF measurement instruments.
- Experience troubleshooting digital and RF hardware.
- Experience with TILE (Total Integrated Laboratory Environment) test software
- Active Secret or Top Secret DoD Clearance
- iNARTE Certification
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For a complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top