EMI/EMC Engineer 4
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for an E3 Engineer 4 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Rancho Bernardo, CA.
The selected candidate will function as the lead E3 engineer for the assigned program, responsible for EMI/EMC requirements verification for aircraft and ground systems.
- EMI/EMC System and Segment requirements definition and management
- E3 technical point of contact for the program
- Interface and work with systems engineers, design engineers and mechanical engineers, suppliers, and Customer program offices to achieve System EMC
- Development and final review of qualification test procedures and reports (QTP/QTR)
- RF analysis of systems and antennas
- Support airworthiness activities
- Plan, schedule, and execute military and commercial EMIC qualification test programs per MIL-STD-464, MIL-STD-461, MIL-STD-704, and DO-160
- Familiarity with computational electromagnetic (CEM) analysis software tools (FEKO, Savant, EMIT, HFSS)
- Familiarity with scripting languages (Python)
The selected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, collaborative/team settings across all levels. Candidate must exhibit strong EMC technical aptitude, be comfortable presenting to internal and external customers, and be able to collaborate closely with system engineers, hardware designers, and integration/test engineers.Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and 9 years of engineering experience OR Master's Degree in STEM and 7 years of engineering experience OR PhD in STEM and 4 years of engineering experience
- EMC experience with subsystem compliance
- Familiarity with EMC standards including MIL-STD-464, MIL-STD-461, MIL-STD-704, DO-160, and MIL-HDBK-516 Section 13
- Familiarity with CEM and scripting software tools like:(FEKO, CST, Savant, EMIT, HFSS, and Python)
- Clearance: Active DoD Secret
- The ability to obtain program access
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Electrical Engineering or Physics from an accredited university and 9 years of EMC specific engineering experience
- EMC experience with military aerospace subsystem and system compliance
- Proficient working knowledge of EMC standards including MIL-STD-464, MIL-STD-461, MIL-STD-704, DO-160, and MIL-HDBK-516 Section 13
- Proficient working knowledge of CEM and scripting software tools (FEKO, CST, Savant, EMIT, HFSS, and Python)
- Project management experience
- iNARTE EMC Certified Engineer
- Clearance: Active DoD Top Secret
- The ability to obtain program access
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top