EMI/EMC Design and Test Engineers
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems Sector EMI/EMC Engineering Team seeks EMI/EMC Design and Test Engineers join its team.
This is a pipeline staffing requisition to source qualified talent for current, near future and on-going talent needs in this area of professional expertise.
We are currently seeking talent with EMI/EMC ability at a Mid to Senior level and can hire at a Level 3, Level 4, or Level 5 (Chief Engineer)
These positions are located in Linthicum, MD.
Specific responsibilities are to:
- Review and tailor EMI/EMC requirements to meet specified product performance for all aspects of Electromagnetic Environmental Effects (E3) compliance, including EMI/EMC/EME/ESD/EMP and lightning.
- Develop models for interference coupling mechanisms, shielding integrity, and circuit/cable interface isolation to mitigate and control conducted/radiated emissions and susceptibility stimuli.
- Creation of test reports, procedures, and control plans and guidelines.
- The individual should be a self-starter, versatile, problem solver, and have a willingness to work as part of a team.
- Individual must be willing to travel occasionally to locations elsewhere in the corporation in order to assist in troubleshooting efforts, attend design review meetings, and work off-shift hours if necessary
Additional Responsibilities may include:
- Complete compliance process including technical, cost, and performance scheduling
- Working with TILE software
This position description does not represent a current opening but may be used to identify candidates with skills and experience for positions within Northrop Grumman that frequently become available. Candidates who express an interest may be considered for future positions at Northrop Grumman.
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Electrical Engineering Technology, or equivalent with a minimum of 5 years' experience - OR - an MS as described above with 3 years of experience. (Candidates with higher levels of experience/education are encouraged to apply)
- Strong background in Electromagnetic Environmental Effects (E3) standards/specifications
- Thorough knowledge of EMI/EMC testing
- Technical knowledge of product qualification testing
- Excellent communication skills and working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project
- Candidate must be organized, flexible, and able to multitask in a dynamic team environment.
- Willingness and ability to occasionally work off-shift hours as necessary and/or travel occasionally to support design or test efforts.
- Ability to obtain Top Secret clearance. U.S. Citizenship is required
- Thorough knowledge of EMI/EMC testing to MIL-STD-461
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For a complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top