EMI / EMC Engineer 5
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
The Systems Engineering Organization within the Aerospace Systems Engineering and Global Product Development (E&GPD) organization has an opening for an EMI/EMC Engineer 5 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Melbourne, FL.
The EMI/EMC Engineer will work within Systems Engineering's Specialty Design Analysis (SDA) department focused on:
- Electromagnetics Environmental Effects (EEE) & Vulnerability and System Security Engineering (SSE)
- EME and Vulnerability procedures provide guidance throughout the conceptual design, design development and integration, production, sustainment process including test capabilities (Unit and System).
Working knowledge of design and requirements development tools is helpful. Candidates should also have strong verbal and written communication skills, strong team building skills, and be comfortable working on large teams with talented engineering from other engineering disciplines.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical / Electronic Engineering or Physics and 14 years of experience in one or more of the following areas: EEE: Electromagnetics, RF Design, EEE: EMI/EMC, ESD, Lightning, EMP for aircraft and space designs OR
- Master's degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) field and 12 years of experience in one or more of the following areas: EEE: Electromagnetics, RF Design, EEE: EMI/EMC, ESD, Lightning, EMP for aircraft and space designs
- Active, In scope DOD Secret or Top Secret clearance
- MS in Electronic / Electrical Engineering
- Experience working on military aircraft or spacecraft programs
- Strong People and Technical Leadership Skills
- Excellent communication skills (upward and downward)
- Active, In scope DOD Top Secret or SCI clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top