Embedded Systems, Networking, and Communications Engineer
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Communication Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Palmdale, CA. The selected candidate will be responsible for the design, development, integration, and test of aviation related communications systems for a developmental program.
- Understanding of embedded computing systems utilizing VITA 46, VPX, and OpenVPX architectures, PCI Mezzanine Card (PMC) and XMC mezzanines.
- Understanding of Fibre Channel, RS-232, RS-422/485, Ethernet, Serial Rapid IO, PCI Express, Non-Volatile Memory (NVM) Express (NVMe), 1553, 1PPS, SATA, and Serial Attached SCSI (SAS) interfaces.
- Understanding of H.264 and RS-170 video interfaces.
- Familiarity with Redundant Array of Independent Disks (RAID), Network-Attached Storage (NAS), Network File System (NFS), and Storage Area Network (SAN) storage devices/recorders.
- Familiarity with Cisco Internetwork Operating System (IOS), Routers, and Switches.
- Understanding of various Ethernet Protocols such as IP, UDP, TCP, LACP, OSPF, RIP, QOS, and HAIPE.
- Software development experience in C, C++, C#, and VxWorks.
- Operating system knowledge including Linux, MS Windows, and VxWorks.
- Familiarity of LOS and BLOS communications systems, networking architectures, cyber security, and anti-tamper technologies.
- Familiarity with sub-contract management, EVMS, and program planning.
- Self-motivated, persistent, and good communications skills.
- Able to work alone and with others to complete tasks.
The selected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, collaborative/team settings across all levels.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math) related field from an accredited university.
- Must have at least 5 years of experience in Engineering or 3 years with a Master's Degree.
- Must have working experience with Understanding of embedded computing systemsSystems.
- Must have experience in Communications Engineering
- Active DODTop Secret Security Clearance (within 5 year scope)
- Must have the ability to obtain Special Program Access.
- Masters Degree in an Engineering Discipline
- Minimum of 3 years of related experience
- Experience with the integration and test of aviation related communications systems orcomponent sub-systems
- Working knowledge of communication engineering theory
- Active TS with SSBI investigation date in last 5 years
- Prior unit/subsystem/Payload/Segment Systems Engineering experience
- Prior experience with multiple program phases (Design, Development,
Production, Operations)and experience managing teams
- Experience with a variety of networking protocols
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top