Embedded Software Manager 2
- Linthicum Heights, MD
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems Sector is seeking a software manager in the Secure Processing Embedded software section. The manager will be responsible for the supervision of a Software Development team in the Mission Security Embedded Software product area. Management activities include providing technical oversight of design, development, and integration of software components of the entire software stack along with support of system integration and test.
Additional responsibilities include proposal and BOE generation, integrated product lead (IPT) positions, control account management (CAM) software process leadership, executing performance reviews, staffing programs, and career development. The manager will guide the team in applying the appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools using Agile development methodology.
The candidate should have experience in leading and coordinating a team through challenging software development activities. The manager must guide the teams in compliance with the Mission Security Internal Software Development Plan (iSDP) and the Agile Development Plan (ADP) with tasks including requirements
decomposition, software design, coding, unit testing, integration, and systems test to deliver enhanced secure capabilities.
Strong communication and people leadership skills are vital to this position.
This position will be located out of our Linthicum Office in Maryland
To learn more about our hiring process for manager positions, please view our Selecting the Best Qualified Managers
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a similar engineering/technical degree
- 7+ years of progressive Software Engineering/Development experience.
- Experience as a software engineering/development Team Leader
- U.S. citizenship with an active DoD Secret clearance
- Working knowledge of Linux or VxWorks
- Prior software function management experience (executing performance appraisals, staffing allocations, software process leadership, and career goals development).
- Management of budget for technical activities
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top