Embedded Software Engineer - All Levels
This position description does not represent a current opening but may be used to identify candidates with skills and experience for positions within Northrop Grumman that frequently become available. Candidates who express an interest may be considered for future positions at Northrop Grumman.
Responsibilities for this Pipeline requisition are:
The Northrop Grumman Mission Systems, Processing Technologies Group, is seeking Embedded Software Engineers to be involved in full life-cycle product development of Radio Frequency Electronic Warfare (RFEW), Infrared Counter
Measures (IRCM) and Advanced Target & Surveillance (ATS) Systems. You will be involved in requirements analysis and system architecture, coding, design and verification using state of the art tools and techniques.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in CS, CE, ECE or comparable Engineering discipline
- Ability to translate system performance and operational specifications into software requirements, design, and test specifications
- Knowledge in programming embedded software using: C and Object Oriented C
- Knowledge in operating system concepts for embedded systems
- Ability to test, debug and integrate on embedded systems
- Knowledge in using requirement management, configuration management and change management tools.
- US Citizenship with the ability to obtain and maintain Security Clearance.
- Experience programming application software such as: C#, .Net, Java.
- Experience on complex systems of systems utilizing parallel processing, distributed processing, multi-core, secure processing, Big Data, GP-GPU.
- Experience using RTOS such as: VxWorks, INTEGRITY, PSOS and/or Embedded Linux
- Experience with CMMI Level 3, 4 and/or 5
- Experience in using MATLAB and Simulink
- Experience with tools such as: DOORS, ClearCase, ClearQuest and Rhapsody
- Experience using Model Based Engineering, UML, SysML, OOAD and OOP
- Experience with interfaces such as: 1553, Ethernet, Fiber, USB, Serial and/or PCI-E.
- Experience with Agile and/or Rapid prototyping software methodologies
- Differentiating characteristics included: demonstrated leadership and teamwork capability, interpersonal communication
skills and activities (professional/community/extracurricular) and an enthusiastic go getter attitude
- US citizen with active Secret or Top-secret clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For a complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top