Embedded Software Engineer
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) is a leading global provider of secure software-defined, hardware enabled mission systems. Our company is pioneering capabilities in a wide variety of sectors that keep our nation and our allies safe from Undersea to Space and Cyberspace.
NGMS, Embedded/Intel SW Engineering Organization is seeking an Embedded Software Engineer 2 to be responsible for the design, development and integration of real time embedded software for an Electronic Warfare system.
The work will involve design, development, integration, debugging, and verification of software and drivers, primarily in C++. The person will need to interface with other business disciplines such as: systems engineering to develop software requirements and technical specifications, hardware engineering to support integration efforts, and program management to discuss technical program issues. The person will need to track defects, develop resolutions and report technical status. They will also need to develop and execute unit-level and product verification test plans, and track and report test status. Additionally, the selected individual will conduct reviews of software related products, software designs, and additional technical documents. The responsibilities include active participation in Integrated Product Teams (IPT), design reviews and other reviews, as required.
The selected individual will actively participate in technical peer reviews to ensure system/software requirements are being met from an end to end system point of view. Individuals must be self-starters and able to efficiently operate in a small team environment.
This position is located in Linthicum, MD.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or other STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline.
- 2+ years of software engineering experience. (0 years for MS degree)
- Experience working in C/C++
- Proficiency in working with real time embedded software
- Experience with full software lifecycle: specification, design, implementation, integration, debug and maintenance is required
- Candidate must be a US Citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret Security Clearance prior to starting employment. (clearance not required for consideration)
- Experience with VxWorks
- Electronic warfare experience
- Experience with signal processing
- Active DoD Secret Security Clearance
Back to top