Embedded Software - Engineer 4
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company whose work with cutting-edge technology is driven by something human: the lives our technology protects? If so, Northrop Grumman may be the place for you. It's not the systems that drive us: it's the soldier our systems bring home. It's not just the equipment that motivates us: it's the people our equipment protects. It's not the innovation that gets us up in the morning: it's whom those innovations serve. We're united by our work to help people and protect the world. And that mission makes our team even stronger. Working in Northrop Grumman Mission Systems means making a direct contribution to mission projects that keep our homeland safe, expanding the boundaries of possibility and reshaping the world we live in.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems sector is seeking Level 4 Software Engineers to join our diverse and talented Software Engineering team in the design, implementation, and integration of software applications for our advanced Avionics and Navigation systems in Woodland Hills, CA. If you are selected to join our team, you will have the opportunity to work with state-of-the-art Model Based Engineering (MBE) development tools and processes to develop software that will be used to develop products for advanced aircraft and space applications.
- Applicant must have BS in Computer Science or related discipline with 9 years of Software Engineering experience, an MS in Computer Science or related discipline with 7 years of Software Engineering experience, or a PhD in Computer Science or related discipline with 4 years of Software Engineering experience.
- Applicant must have experience in translating software requirements into software design, experience producing software code from designs, and experience testing and debugging software code.
- Applicant must be able to work in an open collaborative environment as member of a software development team and must have demonstrated the ability to independently determine and develop solutions to complex difficult problems.
- Applicant must have demonstrated the ability to interact with outside customers and organizations.
- Applicant must have demonstrated experience in the use of high level programming languages such as C/C , Java, and Ada95.
- Applicant should have some experience with Object-Oriented development and UML based design development tools such as IBM Rhapsody.
- Familiarity with IBM Rational ClearCase and ClearQuest is a plus. Some experience using modeling tools such as MathLab, MathWorks Simulink or ANSYS SCADE and using requirements management tools such as DOORS is desirable.
- Experience developing embedded real-time safety-critical software systems using processes that employ DO-178C guidance and criteria is also desirable.
- Experience with Software test tools such as LDRA, and Vector Cast and test languages such as Python is a plus.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top