Embedded Engineer Software 3
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for an Embedded Software Engineer 3 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Melbourne, Florida.
The selected candidate will be responsible for deploying, automating, maintaining, troubleshooting and improving the systems that keep the backend infrastructure running smoothly. The role requires you to have hands on technical experience and a can do approach towards environment automation / management and continuous improvement.
- Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs applications software and systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions
- Will work with Board Support Packages (BSP), device drivers, and other hardware/software integration tasks
- Conducts multidisciplinary research and collaborates with equipment designers and/or hardware engineers in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for product and commercial software
- Determines computer user needs; analyzes system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls; prepares operating instructions; designs and develops compilers and assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems
- Ensures software standards are met
- The selected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, collaborative/team settings across all levels
- Candidate must be comfortable in a lab environment and be able to collaborate closely with system engineers, hardware designers, and integration/test engineers
- Bachelor's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and 5 years of software engineering experience OR
- Master's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) and 3 years of software engineering experience
- Experience developing software / writing code in Java, C , C# or other OOP languages
- An active in-scope DoD Secret or Top Secret clearance
- The ability to obtain program access
- Master's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Electrical Engineering
- Experience with scripting languages, messaging protocols like DDS and JMS and Web Services (SOA and Rest)
- Proficient in WindRiver VxWorks development environments
- Experience with Ada
- RHEL (Red Hat Enterprise Linux) experience
- Knowledge of Linux/Solaris systems with basic commands
- Excellent 2-way communication skills (upward and downward)
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and the ability to interface with all levels of employees and management
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top