Embedded C/C++ Software Engineer 3
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems in Sykesville, MD is seeking an Embedded C/C Software Engineer to be responsible for writing control loops, device drivers, middleware, and application development. Some of the software is running on Linux or VxWorks Platforms. The work will involve analysis, design, development, integration, debugging, and verification of software and drivers in C/C . The person will interface with systems engineering to develop flow down software requirements and technical specifications. Experience with Linux and/or VxWorks OS is a plus.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Engineering /Computer Science or other related technical area.
- At least 5 years of related experience with a Bachelor's degree; 3 years of related experience with a Master's degree.
- Proficiency in C/C and real time processing including processes, threads, scheduling, synchronization mechanisms, memory management required.
- Experience with full software lifecycle: specification, design, implementation, integration, debug, and maintenance required.
- Familiarity with a structured process driven software development environment including peer reviews of all work products, using a revision control system, defect tracking, and build release practices required.
- Good communication and documentation skills required.
- US Citizenship with current Confidential level clearance or higher.
- Experience with VxWorks is a plus.
- Experience with Linux is a plus.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top