Electronics Test Technician
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking Electronics Test Technicians to join its Manufacturing organization. This position will be located in Sykesville, Maryland.
The candidate must be able to apply electronics principles in the fabrication, test and troubleshooting of complete components, assemblies, devices, circuits, and systems.
- The Test Technician will perform acceptance test procedures that verify equipment function. This includes, but is not
limited to, the following:
- Determining the methods and techniques for effectively monitoring various tests and measuring electrical performance on
- Selection, set up, calibration and operation of complex and special equipment and facilities over a broad spectrum of
- Verification and validation of product and paperwork configuration, test processes and test equipment/setup configuration
- Measuring, collecting and recording of electrical performance data including analysis and evaluation of the data,
experimental models, resultant data, etc, that verifies the reliability and validity of the desired function; prepare accurate
and complete test reports of all recorded data
- Programming and verification of devices
- Troubleshooting of systems, devices, processes and/or test set-ups to locate and repair defective areas
- Assisting engineers in creating designs and/or developing circuits, processes and operations that assure proper function of product and test equipment per design specifications by working from general block diagrams, rough outlines of basic circuits, oral instructions, schematics, etc; making necessary calculations to obtain or compare data as required
- Developing, constructing and testing highly complex components, assemblies, devices, circuits and systems; developing
and constructing experimental and prototype devices, models and systems working from very general information; performing repairs and calibrations as necessary
- Performing initial procedural tests on new and/or changed equipment; making modifications/calibrations as required to achieve desired results
- Development of processes, test specifications and revision notices
- Performing integration of software and hardware through debugging, writing code and modifying systems. Perform maintenance and integration of peripherals and networks.
- High School Diploma/GED.
- Graduate of a two year, full time electronic technology schoolOR six months military electronics school plus two years working in the maintenance and repair of electro-mechanical equipment.
- Must have extensive knowledge of electronics principles.
- Ahigh degree of skill in fabrication and test of complex components, assemblies, devices, circuits and systems.
- Be capable of readily adapting to changing assignments and requirements.
- Be capable of meeting 09 solder certification and successfully passing pre-employment skills assessment.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a required DoD Secret Security Clearance. Current Clearances must have been have been updated within the last 5 years.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top