Electronics Test Technician
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking Electronics Test Technicians to join our Sykesville, Maryland team.In the Mission Systems sector, you'll join our experts in developing systems and solutions that keep our world safe.
The selected candidates must be able toapply electronics principles to test and troubleshoot complete components, assemblies, devices, circuits, and systems. Also, have a proficiency in using a broad range of measuring and monitoring equipment (oscilloscopes, function and waveform generators, power supplies and meters, current sensors and probes, etc.) to both perform the tests as specified and to troubleshoot down to the component level.
The Test Technicianswill perform acceptance test procedures that verify equipment function. This includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Selection, set up, calibration and operation of simple to complex equipment and facilities over a broad spectrum of technologies in the process of testing a unit.
- Verification and validation of product and paperwork configuration, test processes and test equipment/setup configuration and calibration.
- Measuring, collecting and recording of electrical performance data as required by the test specifications including analysis and evaluation of the data to the test specification requirements and prepare accurate and complete test reports of all recorded data.
- Programming and verification of devices.
- Troubleshooting of systems, devices, processes and/or test set-ups to locate and repair defective areas.
- Acceptance Testing to include:
- Circuit Check of units to either a wiring tab, wiring diagram or schematic.
- Performance of Insulation Resistance and Dielectric Strength Test.
- Performance of Full Load (Burn-in) tests
- Operational Test (Either Manual, Automated or some portion of both)
- Assisting engineers in performance of design verification tests including the setup and operation of test equipment
- Performing initial procedural tests on new and/or changed equipment to verify that the tests can be performed as specified.
- Perform maintenance and integration of peripherals
- Duties will be performed onsite or in the field as required
- 2years of relevant experience; or anAssociate of Science degree(or Technical degree)in electronic technology. Six months of military electronics school may be considered in lieu of a 2 year degree.
- Proficiency using measuring and monitoring equipment such as oscilloscopes, function and waveform generators, power supplies and meters, current sensors and probes.
- Ability to read wiring diagrams and schematics.
- Ability to accept short term field assignments up to 90 days and up to 10% travel at various physical locations.
- Ability to work independently and with personnel of multiple disciplines and functions to achieve job objectives.
- Ability to be subject to areas which could cause various phobias due to height or closed spaces.
- Ability to be subject to both external and internal environmental conditions.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret level clearance.
- Ability to work around high voltage and current.
- Must pass pre-employment skills assessment.
- Experience with SAP application including workflow, signoff and documentation
- Experience with continuous improvement and process improvement principles
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- Current, active Secret Clearance
Back to top