Electronics Test Engineer 1
Your opportunities for achievement are limitless with Northrop Grumman Mission Systems.
We're a team of new graduates and experienced professionals, collaborating to achieve our goals. On the Mission Systems Sector team you'll join our experts in developing systems and solutions that keep our world safe. Together, we protect our troops, public safety, information, and our planet. It's unique work. It's challenging and rewarding. But most of all, it's work that makes a difference. Join us and launch your career. We'll support you with training, employee resource groups, and our shared vision of global security.
Northrop Grumman is seeking an Electronics Test Engineer 1. This position will be located at our Mission Systems Sector in Salt Lake City, Utah.
The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Test Team. The selected candidate will work in a dynamic people-focused environment where he/she will interact with management, other engineering departments, and our manufacturing team.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Evaluation and disposition of high reliability electronic circuit card assemblies, including debugging and fault isolation. This may include a broad range of electronic circuit card assemblies such as Digital, Analog, Power Supplies, and Video electronics
- Perform manual troubleshooting of electronics which range from new technology to 20 year old technology.
- Utilize basic electronic troubleshooting tools. DMM, Oscilloscopes, power supplies, frequency generators, spectrum analyzers, data collection methods.
- Analysis of test yield and trends, and development of yield improvement plans.
- Development of manual and semi-automated test methods.
- Evaluation of new designs for test methods and test coverage.
- Proof new test equipment for release into production environment
- Automate test processes and increase efficiencies
- Read and understand schematics, drawings, PL's.
- Provide recommendations and justification for new test equipment.
A candidate, regardless of age and hiring source, must meet ALL of the below criteria. The candidate must:
- Be completing or has completed their degree (Bachelor's, Master's, or PhD) from an accredited institution; It must be no more than 1 year if the degree has already been obtained
- Not have professional work experience in their field of study (excluding internships, co-ops, or research studies)
- Be majoring in Electrical engineering or a related field
- Have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.25/4.0 or higher (unofficial academic transcripts must be provided at time of application by uploading the documents to your application or profile)
- Have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.70/4.0 or higher
- Prior internship experience.
- Experience with any of the following: ICT, JTAG, Flying Probe, HALT, or other functional tests.
- Proficient in a programming language
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top