Electronics Material Analyst III
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company whose work with cutting-edge technology is driven by something human: the lives our technology protects? If so, Northrop Grumman may be the place for you. It's not the systems that drive us: it's the soldier our systems bring home. It's not just the equipment that motivates us: it's the people our equipment protects. It's not the innovation that gets us up in the morning: it's whom those innovations serve. We're united by our work to help people and protect the world. And that mission makes our team even stronger.
When you join Northrop Grumman, you'll have the opportunity to connect with coworkers in an environment that's uniquely caring, diverse, and respectful. Employees share experiences, insights, perspectives, and creative solutions with some of the best minds in the industry. We collaborate through integrated product teams, cross-functional teams, and employee resource groups, while thriving through the support of training and development, mentors and every day coaching, along with extensive health and work/life benefits. We're committed to our employees' professional and personal development and success.
Northrop Grumman recruits top talent with traditional and non-traditional backgrounds in order to ensure our team is united, connected, skilled, focused and innovative. An inclusive workplace of people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives is the key to our performance. At Northrop Grumman, we want our employees to bring their whole self to work. All your different sides are welcome here, as we believe they make our team, our products and our services, that much better.
Defines requirements for and maintains electronic catalogs, purchasing and monitoring tools, demand planning systems, etc. in order to streamline the procurement process for buyers. Requires knowledge of the purchasing function and an understanding of web-based commerce systems. Incumbent typically collaborates with IT resources to improve systems.
The Procurement Analyst 3 will be responsible for full cradle to grave procurement/buying activity defined, but not limited to, the following:
- Verifies/Validates purchase requisitions by comparing items requested to vendor database; clarifying unclear items; recommending alternatives.
- Prepares and submits request for Proposals both in competitive and non-competitive environments.
- Manages and performs Source selection down select for winning bids.
- Negotiates terms & conditions, price and delivery schedules with suppliers.
- Performs price analysis on proposed pricing from supplier's utilizing price analysis techniques, market research, historical pricing and price comparisons.
- Responsible for award and management of Purchase Orders from order placement to delivery & closeout.
- Verifies and approves receipt of items by comparing items received to items ordered; resolves shipments in error with suppliers.
- Validates proper paperwork is received (Certificate of Conformance, Manufacturing Certs).
- Authorizes payment for completed orders.
- Maintains electronic Purchase Order files in SAP IAW Corporate and sector policy and procedures.
- Associates or other 2 year technical degree in related discipline and 6 years of related experience and/or experience relevant to warehousing, packaging, handling, shipping & receiving
- Applicants must be willing to work a flexible work schedule that may include extended shifts, holidays, and weekends and support on call status for 24 hours-a-day, 7 days-a-week, 365 days a year.
- All applicants must have and maintain a valid U.S. passport, accept customer furnished quarters for a period up to 120 days away from primary work location and comply with mobility requirements.
- Applicants must meet medical requirements for worldwide travel which include a physical.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate an understanding of Aviation and Aerospace technical data.
- Applicants must be a US citizen and have a current and active DoD Secret clearance, with the ability to obtain/maintain DoD Top Secret clearance.
- Must be able to obtain Special Program access within 365 days of hire date and maintain access.
- Ability to analyze situations to discover facts, knowledge, interpretations to carry out prescribe actions(s)
- Able to perform work in an approved environment during specified work hours
- Ability to be subject to a variety of physical conditions
- Ability to be subject to both external and internal environment conditions
- Able to change physical locations based upon need
Candidate must have complete understanding of all logistic elements, supportability, maintainability and logistics support analysis. Candidate must be able to identify and predict support equipment spares and consumable usage rates. Candidate must understand government Bench Stock, Bonded Stock, and Shop Stock requirements. Must be able to operate and maintain standard warehouse equipment/vehicles (Folk lift, warehouse tug, and bobtail). Candidate should have knowledge of AFI 23-101. Basic computer skills: Excel, Word, Power Point required.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top