Electronics Firmware / Digital Design Engineer 3
The Northrop Grumman Mission Systems, Processing Technologies Group, is seeking Digital Design Engineers to be involved in full life-cycle product development of Radio Frequency Electronic Warfare (RFEW), Infrared Counter Measures (IRCM) and Advanced Target & Surveillance (ATS) Systems. You will be involved in requirements analysis and system architecture, coding, test bench design, verification, synthesis and place and route using state of the art tools and
This position is located at our Rolling Meadows, IL location.
- Bachelor's Degree and minimum of 5 years of relevant professional work experience OR Master's degree and minimum 3 year of relevant professional work experience.
- BS in Electrical / Computer Engineering or comparable Engineering discipline
- Knowledge of in HDL (VHDL/Verilog) and HVL (SystemVerilog), SystemVerilog Assertions (SVA), UVM for FPGAs, CPLDs and/or ASICs
- Ability to work in teams and communicate clearly across various levels of engineers
- Ability to translate system performance and operational specifications into digital firmware requirements, design, and test specifications
- US Citizenship with the ability to obtain and maintain Security Clearance
- Advanced degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering
- Experience in HDL (VHDL/Verilog) and HVL (SystemVerilog), SystemVerilog Assertions (SVA), UVM for PLDs, FPGAs, and/or ASICs
- Experience with Electronic Design Automation (EDA) Tools: Mentor Graphics ModelSim/QuestaSim, Synplicity, Xilinx ISE/ Vivado, Xilinx EDK, Xilinx System Generator, Altera Quartus, Altera SOPC Builder, Altera Qsys, DSP Builder
- Expertise achieving timing closure on FPGA designs and generating test benches
- Experience in Microprocessor (PowerPC, Intel–based, SOC) designs
- Implementation of Digital Signal or Image Processing algorithms on FPGAs
- Experience developing in MATLAB/Simulink
- Experience with high level programming languages (C/C )
- A strong team player who also has the ability to work independently
- Active DOD Secret Clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top