At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Electronics Communications Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Palmdale, CA. The Communications Electronics Engineer must have experience with installation, integration and troubleshooting of aviation related communications systems or component sub-systems, RF Line of Sight, SATCOM and tactical networks.
System integration, test development/execution of various types of communications systems
Document system requirements and interfaces
Troubleshooting systems Interacting and coordinating with responsible communications engineers responsible for sustaining communication sub-systems
Serve as an interface between the O&S organization and the engineers
Ensure communication system performance meets specified levels
Proactively maintain overall system performance of a deployed communication system
Perform troubleshooting, document issues and coordinate field replacements/upgrades of communications systems
Contribute to improvement of processes, design and future sustainment efforts.
Actively participate in Program Risk and Opportunity Management
The selected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, collaborative/team settings across all levels.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math) related field from anaccredited university.
- Must have at least2 years of experience in Engineering or0 years with a Master's Degree.
- Must have working experience with RF & DigitalSystems.
- Must have experience in Communications Engineering
- Active DOD Top Secret Security Clearance (within 5 year scope)
- Must have the ability to obtain and maintain Special Program Access.
- Masters Degree in an Engineering Discipline
- Minimum of 3 years of related experience
- Experience with the integration and test of aviation related communications systems orcomponent sub-systems
- Working knowledge of communication engineering theory
- Active TS with SSBI investigation date in last 5 years
- Prior unit/subsystem/Payload/Segment Systems Engineering experience
- Prior experience with multiple program phases (Design, Development,
Production, Operations)and experience managing teams
- Experience with a variety of networking protocols
- CAM experience, including working knowledge of EVMS and project schedule
- Supplier Management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
A’Darien J.Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top